Nov. 12, 2014
High Stress Has Employees Seeking Both Wellness and Employee Assistance Program Help
2014 StressPulse survey: 64 percent of employees have high stress levels with extreme fatigue/feeling out of control
CHICAGO – Nov. 12, 2014 – Some 64 percent of employees report having high levels of stress, according to the latest StressPulseSM report by ComPsych® Corporation. ComPsych Corporation is the world’s largest provider of employee assistance programs and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated EAP, behavioral health, wellness, work-life, HR, FMLA and absence management services under its GuidanceResources brand.
“Sustained, high levels of stress have a deleterious effect on work product as well as physical health,” said Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz, Chairman and CEO of ComPsych. “Proactively addressing stress is becoming part of an overall well-being strategy for employers, and we are seeing an increased effort to address both the mental and physical aspects of stress through integrated EAP and wellness programs.”
Key Findings of StressPulse:
- 64 percent of employees have high levels of stress, with extreme fatigue/feeling out of control
- 29 percent miss 3 to 6 days per year due to stress
- 16 percent miss more than 6 days per year due to stress
- Stress remains one of the top four reasons employees call the ComPsych employee assistance program.
- Health coaching related to stress is among the top wellness requests for ComPsych. In addition, coaching for weight loss, tobacco cessation and other health concerns also address stress by referring employees to the EAP for complementary help when needed.
To see the full StressPulse infographic, click here.
ComPsych® Corporation is the world’s largest provider of employee assistance programs (EAP) and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated EAP, behavioral health, wellness, work-life, HR, FMLA and absence management services under its GuidanceResources® brand. ComPsych provides services to more than 23,000 organizations covering more than 62 million individuals throughout the U.S. and over 120 countries. By creating “Build-to-Suit” programs, ComPsych helps employers attract and retain employees, increase employee productivity and improve overall health and well-being. For more information, visit www.compsych.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION: