HR Daily Advisor
To help ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), there are five steps employers can take, according to Matt Morris, VP of FMLASource at ComPsych Corporation and a presenter at SHRM’s 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition in New Orleans.
Morris pointed out that employees are filing ADA complaints with the EEOC in record numbers, with more than 28,000 complaints filed in 2016, garnering monetary benefits of $131 million.
He suggested the following five steps for employers:
- Create a flexible policy,
- Identify all situations that could be ADA-related,
- Ensure that you have the right resources to engage properly in the interactive process,
- Think hard and broadly about what "reasonable" means in each case, and
- Try to get employees back to work.
To read the full article, go here.